Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Netherstream: Diary of the Undead - Entry #8

13 October - 2:20 P.M.

Jeezzz…how long has it been since I’ve seen a woman? One that’s alive, that is. Or one that hasn’t wanted to kick me in the nuts and make off with my ammunition and supplies?

Women. They make life much more interesting and far less lonely…

What am I saying? Am I honoring the memory of my wife and children by slobbering over another woman? It’s not like I’ve seen her face yet, and she’d probably kill me if she knew I was out here.

I said that I’d never love another woman and I meant it. Bethany still occupies a special place in my heart and there isn’t room for another. Besides, I’d just compare my new love with Bethany and that isn’t fair to anyone.

It’s been almost a year since my wife’s death, and I must seek the help of others. But I’m at peace going it alone, and in charge of my own destiny. There’s no one else to blame but me.

And what would my wife say if she were dying? Would she tell me to move on and find another? Would I wish the same? Though I might say these words with the world slipping from my grasp, I’d never want another man between my wife’s legs. Ever. Surely she’d feel the same.

No, my wife would want me to survive and that’s it. Maybe even write a book about it. It’s too risky getting close to others. Another woman would mean the end of me, Game Over. So I will honor her request and find a way to endure.

No beer, no drugs and certainly no women.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment