Sunday, December 29, 2013

Netherstream: Diary of the Undead - Entry #24

16 October - 10:44 P.M.

A light rain broke out just a short while ago. Thank God. I closed my eyes and caught raindrops in my mouth, no longer trusting the bottled water that I’d hauled up here a few days ago. The water was salty sweet, reminding me of Sour Patch Kids candies that I ate when I was a kid. I sat there, my head spinning, relieved that I could put something in my body that wouldn’t come back up.

I’m nearly out of food, but I doubt I’d eat anyways. No, I’m going to have to find a new source of food. Even if I have to kill it with my bare hands.

I laid my head against the sign and watched it flicker briefly. I felt so numb. I could barely feel my legs. “Ekeziel, provide for me,” I whispered to the empty streets.

The rain stopped and clouds rolled into the distance. At first, I mistook it as a bad sign. “Vindictive, aren’t you, Ezekiel?” I mumbled, feeling more and more like the rotting corpses below.

My thoughts darkened and I cursed the sky for teasing my thirsty mouth. And as I sat in a stupor, eyes stinging in the light breeze, I realized that my stomach was no longer rumbling, my head no longer throbbing.

Ezekiel had provided.

And with the wind so went my hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment