Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Netherstream: Diary of the Undead - Entry #19

14 October - 6:11 P.M.

Is there any leaving this place now? If they catch me fleeing, they’ll gun me down. Certainly they have the technology to do so, and it’s amazing that they haven’t discovered me yet.

Why is that?

With all of their toys, why can’t they locate the intruder in their midst? Is it my charming personality that keeps me off the radar? Or perhaps it’s the hushpuppies. They’ll make a zombie out of anyone who eats enough of them.

I look around and it slowly dawns on me. It’s the sign, stupid. The electric sign must be giving off some kind of electromagnetic interference, allowing me to go undetected. As long as the sign keeps going, I’ll be alive.

It’s a good thing that the robot didn’t slice up the Chowderhouse; otherwise, my head would be in a pile along with all of the others below. Next time I won’t be so lucky. Before the lights go off, which inevitably they will, I must make my escape.

Time for me to disappear. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment